Recipe by ladyinred
This is my take on carrot soup. Paprika and cumin give it a spicy and smoky taste and turmeric gives it a glowing color.
Top Review by Ms*Bindy
I was so hoping that I would like this, but it just wasn't something I liked very much. The baby does seem to like it, so I will be porioning out into small serving sizes and feeding it to her.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red potatoes, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the vegetable oil.
- Saute the onions till soft.
- Add the celery and the potato.
- Saute for a minute or so.
- Add the carrots.
- Lower the heat and cook covered for 10 minutes. Keep stirring every 3-4 minutes so that it doesn't stick to the pot.
- Add the 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Add the herbs rubbing them between your fingers to make the more fragrant.
- Stir in the cumin, turmeric and paprika.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Let it cool then blend it in a blender or food processer.
- Stir in the milk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.