This is my take on carrot soup. Paprika and cumin give it a spicy and smoky taste and turmeric gives it a glowing color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red potatoes, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1Heat the vegetable oil.
- 2Saute the onions till soft.
- 3Add the celery and the potato.
- 4Saute for a minute or so.
- 5Add the carrots.
- 6Lower the heat and cook covered for 10 minutes. Keep stirring every 3-4 minutes so that it doesn't stick to the pot.
- 7Add the 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- 8Add the herbs rubbing them between your fingers to make the more fragrant.
- 9Stir in the cumin, turmeric and paprika.
- 10Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes more.
- 11Let it cool then blend it in a blender or food processer.
- 12Stir in the milk.
- 13Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Warmer Carrot, Celery and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 213.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: