Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from Trefethen vineyards. I addition to grapes, they grow walnuts on their land in the Napa Valley. I was lucky enough last year to receive a gift bag of their walnuts and it included this recipe. Yummy use of walnuts. Great on toasted baguettes!
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, cracked
- 12 ounces arugula, stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (use the best you can get)
- Cook the garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Loosely pack the arugula, walnuts, half the warm oil and garlic in a food processor. Grind into a paste.
- Add the nutmeg, salt and pepper, the cheese, any remaining arugula and the remaining oil and garlic.
- Pulse to a paste.
- Serve spread on a toasted baguette or as a sauce for chicken or pasta.