Recipe by Bergy
Blustery night with hearty veggies and a chicken or other meat dish . Then curl by the fire, a good book and a cup of hot chocolate. Sounds like a winner to me
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped & roasted
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut diagonally 1/4" x 3'"
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and also cut the same as the carrots
- 1⁄2 turnip, cut as above (about the equivalent amount as the carrots & parsnips)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 orange, juiced and peel grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large wok and stir fry the carrots, turnip & parsnips until almost tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add cabbage, stir fry 3-5 minutes (Cabbage should be soft).
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan stir pecans, butter, maple syrup, thyme, orange juice and grated rind, salt and pepper over medium heat until the butter melts.
- Pour sauce over the veggies, toss to coat.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.