Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from an episode of Dinner: Impossible by Robert Irvine. He sure knows how to cook on his feet. Very impressive!
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite size florets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Note: The original recipe called for 1/2 cup of butter, but I chose to reduce it as I felt it was way to much. You may choose to use the full amount though.
- In a large pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring water to a boil and add cauliflower florets, cook for 3 minutes.
- Then the broccoli for 3 minutes.
- Add the snow peas for 3 minutes.
- Then the tomatoes for 3 minutes.
- Check for doneness.
- Transfer vegetables to a large mixing bowl and season with garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste, and toss with melted butter.
- Place in a warmed bowl and serve family style.
This is a visually beautiful vegetable dish. Made exactly as to recipe, but substituted sugar snap peas for the snow peas. I think next time I will sub olive oil for the butter and perhaps blanch the veggies and finish them by roasting in oven for even more flavor. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I will make it again.
easy and goood. made just as directed. thanks for another keeper. And congrats on having one of your pictures as pic of the day today! tagged in everday's a holiday.
The cooking times for these veggies is spot on and adding as much garlic as desired keeps the flavor to a perfect amount. Thanks for sharing! ~Sue