Recipe by Lori Mama
This is from an episode of Dinner: Impossible by Robert Irvine. He sure knows how to cook on his feet. Very impressive!
Top Review by Marie
This is a visually beautiful vegetable dish. Made exactly as to recipe, but substituted sugar snap peas for the snow peas. I think next time I will sub olive oil for the butter and perhaps blanch the veggies and finish them by roasting in oven for even more flavor. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I will make it again.
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite size florets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size florets
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: The original recipe called for 1/2 cup of butter, but I chose to reduce it as I felt it was way to much. You may choose to use the full amount though.
- In a large pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring water to a boil and add cauliflower florets, cook for 3 minutes.
- Then the broccoli for 3 minutes.
- Add the snow peas for 3 minutes.
- Then the tomatoes for 3 minutes.
- Check for doneness.
- Transfer vegetables to a large mixing bowl and season with garlic powder and salt and pepper, to taste, and toss with melted butter.
- Place in a warmed bowl and serve family style.