Top Review by Gracie in NM
This was a wonderful, hearty soup with lots of delicious vegetables. The only substitution I made was to use butternut squash instead of pumpkin--pumpkins won't be back until next fall. I left in a few chunks of vegetables for texture. Bread and salad rounded out our meal. Thanks Latchy.
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g leeks, chopped coarsely
- 500 g kumara, chopped coarsely
- 240 g carrots, chopped coarsely
- 720 g parsnips, chopped coarsely
- 150 g celery ribs, chopped coarsely
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 300 g pumpkin, chopped coarsely
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and a large pan and cook the garlic and leek, stirring until the leek is soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for about 40 minutes, making sure the vegetables are tender.
- Blend or process the mixture in batches until puréed (you can freeze at this stage).
- Return soup to pan and stir over heat until hot.
- This goes well with Cheesy Chive Muffins (Recipe #73071) for a lunch.