A hearty soup to chase away the chill in your bones this winter. You don't have to use the Low fat, less sodium chicken broth. You can use the full fat version too but I am trying to eat a little healthier this year! From Cooking Light Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups acorn squash, cubed and peeled
- 2 cups red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained (or any other small white bean)
- 1Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 2Add pancetta and saute for 3 minutes.
- 3Add onion and garlic, saute 3 minutes.
- 4Add squash, potato, celery, carrot, basil, cinnamon and thyme.
- 5Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add tomatoes, cook for 2 more minutes.
- 7Stir in chicken broth, bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- 9Add kale, simmering for 5 minutes.
- 10Lastly, add beans and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.4
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 327.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth