1/2 Photos of Winter Vegetable Soup
This recipe is adapted from epicurious.com. It's full of flavor and is one of my favorite soups! I usually double it and freeze it for lunches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped parsnip (or turnip)
- 1 cup peeled cored and chopped apple (I usually use gala)
- 1 cup peeled chopped butternut squash
- 1 cup coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 cup peeled coarsely chopped sweet potato
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves (or to taste)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan on med-high heat.
- 2Sauté onion until translucent.
- 3Add garlic, apple, parsnip, squash, carrot and sweet potato. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes.
- 4Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer for approx 30 minutes, (or until vegetables are tender) Stirring occasionally.
- 6Let cool slightly, puree and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: