Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1⁄2 lb fresh Brussels sprout, halved
- 1⁄2 lb parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 medium white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, sage, sage, garlic, salt, and pepper; drizzle over the vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes or until tender.
Wow, we thought this was scrumptious. I made this as written and I would not change anything. The veggies were tender and had the wonderful aroma and taste of sage and garlic. Very unique and delicious tasting. Thanks Nurse Di.
I made this the other night to go with roast chicken. A delicious vegetable dish we thought. I did substitute yellow squash for the parsnips because I am just not jiggy with parsnips. A beautiful mingling of colors. The sage and garlic in melted butter provided a wonderful flavor. Very unique and we would definitely make this one again.
I served this with some variations. Instead of sprouts I used cauliflower,instead of parsnips I used squash,instead of red potatoes I used quartered cooking onions(like garlic they sweeten when used in this manner). Next time I would cut back on the butter as the baking dish is already oiled but the medley was a great success even with my grandsons. I will serve this at Xmas as it saves on pots and can also be prepated in advance. I think at another time I would remove the covering,bake it for 5 or 10 mins to reduce the moisture and sprinkle with maple syrup or brown sugar and continue for additional 5 mins. Might even use seasoned bread crumbs another time. can also be prepared