Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A simple crock pot stew recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1 sweet potato
- 4 medium potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- Cut up vegetables and kielbasa and put into crock pot.
- Add water to cover.
- Add seasonings and soup mix.
- Cook on High 4-5 hours or until vegetables are done to desired tenderness.
- May need additional water throughout cooking process.
- This recipe may be altered in any way needed.
- Vegetables can be substituted as to availability.
- Can be prepared without kielbasa to make a vegetarian stew.
- Serve with good crusty bread.
i took out the kielbasa as i am a vegan and it was tasty...althuogh i did find the cabbage not so complimenting so i took it out
I cut the kielbasa into just a tad over 1/4" slices and found it nice and tender just like when I do sweet&sour kielbasa in the crock pot for Christmas. Lovely stew!
This was very hearty and good. It overflowed in our 4 qt crockpot so if you are using a smaller crock, reduce the amount of veggies slightly. I would also suggest putting the sausage in about 1/2 way through cooking if possible, b/c I thought it got a little chewy after cooking in the stew for so long. But overall, very good and made our house smell wonderful.