Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This goulash is filling, rich, and healthy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and coarsely chunked
- 1⁄2 lb small red potato, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, cut into sticks
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- In Dutch oven or flameproof casserole, heat oil over medium heat.
- Stir in onions, paprika, salt, and pepper Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium, stir in cabbage and cook, tossing, until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add squash, potatoes, carrots, water, and wine, and bring to a boil over high heat Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Spoon goulash into bowls.
- Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of onions.