Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This salad was intended to extract the maximum from off season tomatoes by coxing out the flavors that are only soluble in fat or alcohol. The dressing will start to breakdown after one hour. If you want a little more zip, try Pepper Vodka.
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml gin or 14.79 ml vodka
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml ground mustard
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml sliced tomatoes
- 236.59 ml peeled and sliced cucumber
- 78.07 ml sliced onion
- Combine the liquids and spices in a glass or plastic container with a tight fitting lid.
- Beat the mixture with a fork or a whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Add the vegetables, put on the lid, and shake several times.
- Allow the salad to rest in a refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, but no longer than one hour.
This was a fabulous, easy recipe, and with winter-time, the ingredients are inexpensive and readily available. The marinade performed perfectly in bringing out the flavors of the three ingredients. Cudos, Brother!