Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
This salad was intended to extract the maximum from off season tomatoes by coxing out the flavors that are only soluble in fat or alcohol. The dressing will start to breakdown after one hour. If you want a little more zip, try Pepper Vodka.
Top Review by karmakitchen gal
This was a fabulous, easy recipe, and with winter-time, the ingredients are inexpensive and readily available. The marinade performed perfectly in bringing out the flavors of the three ingredients. Cudos, Brother!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gin or 1 tablespoon vodka
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup peeled and sliced cucumber
- 1⁄3 cup sliced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the liquids and spices in a glass or plastic container with a tight fitting lid.
- Beat the mixture with a fork or a whisk until it starts to thicken.
- Add the vegetables, put on the lid, and shake several times.
- Allow the salad to rest in a refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, but no longer than one hour.