Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is how we use stale bread, bagels, doughnuts, hamburger buns, etc in the winter time...have lots of beautiful birds to visit the backyard...you can use your choice of birdseed to dip the buns in...
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 egg whites
- Slice each bun in half, or whatever bread item you are using.I normally use a small cookie cutter to cut out center so I can hang with ribbon --
- Beat egg whites till frothy with wire whisk.
- I use a clean cheap paintbrush to brush egg whites over surface of each bread item.
- I place my birdseed on a flat surface, sometimes I use a 9x13 pan.
- I dip buns coated with egg white in birdseed.
- then place buns on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 10 minutes.
- Let cool then hang with jute of colored ribbon or yarn on tree branches.