Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthy (not-too-sweet) muffin that is great for breakfast or snack!
Make and share this Winter Squash Oatmeal Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups winter squash, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- Whisk together sugar and wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients and combine.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Use 1/4 C to measure evenly into muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 min or until toothpick tests clean.
I baked a batch today -- had some winter squash to use up, and I ended up with roughly 1/2 and 1/2 squash and banana, and I omitted the nuts because my daughter is allergic. They baked up in 20 minutes at 350. They turned out beautifully, and they tasted sweet but not too sweet. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for posting, Elaine!