1/1 Photo of Winter Squash Bisque
1 hr 20 mins
Acorn squash gives this soup its unmistakable Fall and Winter flavor. This will make 12 side servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve squash and remove seeds.
- 2Place squash halves, cut sides down, on a baking dish.
- 3Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Turn cut sides up. Bake, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is tender.
- 4Scoop squash pulp out of the peel using a spoon; discard peel.
- 5Place pulp in batches in a blender container or food processor bowl.
- 6Cover and blend or process until squash is smooth, adding some of the chicken broth if the mixture is too thick.
- 7Stir together pureed squash and remaining chicken broth in a large saucepan.
- 8Stir in ginger, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Bring mixture to boiling.
- 9Reduce heat and stir in half-and-half or light cream.
- 10Heat through, but do not boil.
- 11If desired, garnish each serving with sour cream and thyme sprigs.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Squash Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.0
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 498.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g