1/1 Photo of Winter Squash Baked With Maple Syrup
1 hr 5 mins
Karen's Krazy Kitchen's Note:
This is a very simple, tried and true recipe from Fannie Farmer, with very minor changes. You must use PURE maple syrup for this to come out right. Butternut Squash can be prepared this way as well. Oh, I forgot to add, it is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Wash the squash.
- 3Cut the squash in half from top to bottom.
- 4Remove the seeds (these are great cleaned up and roasted).
- 5Sprinke with salt and pepper (you really need very little of both).
- 6Place cut side down on a baking dish.
- 7Bake for 50 minutes or until the squash is easily pierced with a fork.
- 8Turn the squash cut side up and poke the cut side several times with a fork.
- 9Spread 1 tbs of butter and drizzle 1/2 tbs of maple syrup onto each half.
- 10Return to the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- 11Serve warm and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Squash Baked With Maple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 166.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.8 g