Top Review by Northwest Rain
Love this recipe. I will say it's much easier to microwave the squash in a pan with about 1" of water for about 30 minutes. Let it cool, or put it in the fridge to cool. cut it open, scoop out the seeds and spoon out the squash. Size and microwaves vary, so check on the tenderness frequently and add water as necessary. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- 3 lbs butternut squash or 3 lbs buttercup squash or 3 lbs hubbard squash
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash into pieces, pare and remove seeds.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain well and put pan back onto heat, shaking it to allow excess water to evaporate.
- Mash the squash; stir in butter, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper.
- Turn into a greased 1 1/2-qt casserole and bake uncovered in a 350° oven for about 30 minutes.