Recipe by Gingerbee
Quick and easy and delicious! Elegant beginnings to a simple meal.
Top Review by Maeven6
This is a wonderful soup. Quick, easy, minumum ingredients, crockpot friendly, kid friendly, what else could you ask for!! Oh, and inexpensive. I doubled it. I used fresh winter squash and used the recipe from here for 'Squashed Squash' to cook it quickly. Great method! Then put all the ingredients into my crockpot. I didn't have chervil so I just used grd cloves, allspice, and cinnamon.
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesfrozen pureed winter squash, de-frosted (butternut)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup ground toasted walnuts
- 2 teaspoons dried chervil, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnut pieces (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients except the walnuts pieces in a large saucepan and stir to blend well.
- Cook the soup over medium heat until warmed through, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and add a few chopped walnut pieces in the center.
- Yield: 6 servings.