Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This combines spinach with roasted potatoes, eggs, and cheese to make a super supper that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 1 lb potato, sliced very thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 cups fresh spinach, tough stems removed
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt, to taste
- freshly-grated black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a stovetop-to-ovenproof casserole dish.
- Add onions, potatoes, garlic, and herbs and saute for 5 minutes, stirring until the vegetables are well coated with oil and the potatoes are beginning to turn golden.
- Place casserole in preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, then remove, stirring in the spinach and eggs.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and return the dish to the oven.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Serve hot.
This is good! I served it alongside pork chops but it would be great on its own as a light supper or even a breakfast dish!