Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Holiday party nibbles; from Desperation Entertaining.
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure rum extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a microwave-safe dish; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 6-8 minutes until fragrant and lightly toasted, stopping once halfway through to stir.
- Using oven mitts, remove from microwave.
- While the nuts are toasting, mix 1 tablespoon sugar, apple pie spice, and salt together.
- When the nuts are finished toasting, combine the vanilla, rum extract, 1 teaspoon sugar, and butter in a small saucepan; heat over medium heat, whisking constantly until butter melts.
- Add the toasted nuts to the glaze; stir.
- Cook until the pecans are shiny and coated with most of the glaze, about 1 minute.
- Transfer nuts to the bowl with the spice mixture; toss to coat.
- Let nuts cool on waxed paper or parchment paper for about 10 minutes.