Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Holiday party nibbles; from Desperation Entertaining.
Make and share this Winter Spiced Pecans recipe from Food.com.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a microwave-safe dish; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 6-8 minutes until fragrant and lightly toasted, stopping once halfway through to stir.
- Using oven mitts, remove from microwave.
- While the nuts are toasting, mix 1 tablespoon sugar, apple pie spice, and salt together.
- When the nuts are finished toasting, combine the vanilla, rum extract, 1 teaspoon sugar, and butter in a small saucepan; heat over medium heat, whisking constantly until butter melts.
- Add the toasted nuts to the glaze; stir.
- Cook until the pecans are shiny and coated with most of the glaze, about 1 minute.
- Transfer nuts to the bowl with the spice mixture; toss to coat.
- Let nuts cool on waxed paper or parchment paper for about 10 minutes.