Recipe by zepharum
A hearty winter soup for those cold weather days. Really quick and easy to throw together since many of the ingredients are canned, but it does take some time to simmer. Remember to read your labels and double check that the bouillon and Worcestershire are gluten free!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon (GF)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (GF)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté ground meat. Add onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Add tomatoes, sauce, water, beef oxo, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, red wine and undrained kidney beans. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for one hour.
- Add cabbage and cook for 30 minutes longer. The soup will thicken when lid is removed.