Top Review by Lingering_Dream
Very delicious! I didn't do a bouquet garni, but I took others advice and added parsley, a couple cloves of minced garlic, cilantro, and chives. I prefer the herbs in the soup anyway. I love all the vegetables, and I did add zucchini. This will be made again! Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a bouquet garni and set aside.
- Heat butter, add onions and celery; cover and cook 4 minutes.
- Add carrots and season with salt and pepper; Cook 5 minutes uncovered.
- Add potatoes and chicken stock; drop in bouquet garni.
- Bring to a boil and cook 12 minutes at medium low.
- Add remaining ingredients and return to a boil.
- Cook 12 minutes at medium-low.