Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A really nice soup that is simple and tastes great. Definitely great for cold winter days.
- 1 cup dried yellow split peas
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup corn, niblets
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 small onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- In large saucepan, combine peas and broth and bring to a boil over medium heat for two minutes.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand for half an hour.
- Add ham and vegetables. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until peas are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in milk and season to taste.