- 1⁄2 lb spinach, washed, trimmed and torn
- 1 head bibb lettuce, torn
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Salad:.
- Combine the spinach, lettuce, orange, apple, kiwifruit (if using), and pecans in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Pour Raspberry Vinaigrette over the spinach mixture just before serving.
- For the Vinaigrette:.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Cover and chill thoroughly. (Makes 1 cup of vinaigrette).