Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy salad with spinach, bibb lettuce, and fresh fruit.
Make and share this Winter Salad With Raspberry Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, washed, trimmed and torn
- 1 head bibb lettuce, torn
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 Red Delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- For the Salad:.
- Combine the spinach, lettuce, orange, apple, kiwifruit (if using), and pecans in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Pour Raspberry Vinaigrette over the spinach mixture just before serving.
- For the Vinaigrette:.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Cover and chill thoroughly. (Makes 1 cup of vinaigrette).
Very nice mix of flavors!! I scaled this back to 1/4 of the recipe and didn't opt to use the kiwi fruit. The dressing is very flavorful and the crunch from the pecans and apples provide for great texture. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for "For your Consideration Tag Game"
We loved this! By the time I went to make this the spinach had gone bad so we had to leave that out and no raspberry vinegar so I used rice vinegar and fresh raspberries. We will defiantly have this again.
A nice refreshing salad, love the dressing. The oranges, apples and nuts make it a great salad.