Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from a cookbook titled "Pumpkin".
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seed oil
- 1 head frisee
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 pear, cored and sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chevre cheese
- Make Dressing:.
- Place the vinegar, syrup, soy sauce, shallots, garlic, mustard and salt in a small bowl. Mix together.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking constantly. Do the same thing with the pumpkin seed oil.
- Set aside or refrigerate for longer storage.
- This makes about 1 cup of dressing.
- Break the frisee into small pieces and place in a bowl with the spinach. Toss to mix.
- Divide the greens between 4 plates.
- Top each plate with 1/4 of the pear. Sprinkle with cranberries and pecans.
- Crumble about 1/2 T. chevre on each plate and drizzle with the dressing.
Served this Thanksgiving and was asked to bring it to Christmas dinner. In fact, it was so well received our host is going to try to use a version of it in his cafe!