Top Review by Geema
This was a refreshingly different salad with a delicious lemon mint dressing. I'll use this dressing again and think it would be great on a fruit salad if I sweetened it just a bit and left out the garlic. I love the flavor of the mint, cilantro and dill. I sure wish it was winter and I could buy a pomegranate for the perfect garnish...no such luck. Guess I'll have to make it again...oh well.
Lemon Mint Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and finely shredded
- 4 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add the olive oil, whisking until blended.
- Stir in the mint.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Prepare the salad: In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, fennel, carrots, cilantro, and dill, and toss to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the top.