1/1 Photo of Winter Salad
This yummy and healthy recipe comes from the wonderful book "Mon premier dîner végétarien" by Alice Hart. It is slightly sweet, nutty and just super yummy. It looks very pretty, too. I brought it to a party and it was gone in nearly no time. I hope youll enjoy this as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Salad
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 3 onions, quartered (I used a mix of red and brown)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 cayenne pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 150 g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 150 g dried cranberries
- 200 g spelt berries (or use a mix of different grains and rice)
- 175 g feta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
For the dressing
- 1On a paper-lined baking sheet combine carrots, onions, olive oil, honey and spices.
- 2Bake in the preheated oven at 190°C/375°F for 25 minutes until soft and caramelised.
- 3Add the walnuts and cranberries and bake for another 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile combine spelt berries (or grain mix), 500 ml water and a pinch of salt in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook covered for 25 minutes or until tender. Drain if necessary and set aside.
- 5In a large serving bowl combine the baked vegetables, spelt berries, parsley (is using) and feta cheese.
- 6For the dressing combine all of the ingredients and then pour it over the salad. Mix well and enjoy either warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Salad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.9
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 467.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: