Recipe by Adie
I put this recipe together for a Thanksgiving salad and everyone loved it.
Top Review by chia
this combines all of my favorites. i did use candied walnuts and also carmelized the pears but i used raw red onion rings and stilton cheese over greens mixed with arugula, very tasty. i made this for pac fall '08
- 2 large pears, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup candied pecans
- 10 ounces salad greens
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat; add pear and brown sugar and sautte until brown and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat; add red onion, vinegar and sugar and saute until caramelized, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine salad greens, pecans, tomatoes and blue cheese. Add pears and onions and toss with dressing to taste.