Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this in a cookbook last fall and made it every chance I got through the fall and winter. This received rave reviews at several holiday parties and is now one of my favorites.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, bite size pieces
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cashews, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄3 cup blueberries
- 1 red apple, not peeled, cubed
- 1 Anjou pear, not peeled, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white onions, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil or 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Process dressing ingredients except oil in a blender or food processor. Add oil slowly with until thick.
- Add poppy seeds and precess a few seconds.
- Toss your salad and add dressing to coat.
My family loves this recipe! I make it every year for Thanksgiving.
I've been making this salad since 2002 when a Cincinnati friend gave it to me. It features a sweet poppy seed dressing and a salad that is chock-full of crunchy ingredients. This is one of my perennial favorites and something I would put in my Top 100 Frequently Used Recipes.
This got great reviews from my very critical dinner club. I will make this again. I did cut the sugar in half. Thanks