Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Strong flavors and very filling.
Make and share this Winter Root Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large rutabaga (1-inch cubes)
- 2 turnips (1-inch cubes)
- 2 parsnips (1-inch cubes)
- 1 large carrot (chopped)
- 1 large celery (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary (roughly chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (9 inch) vegan pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Saute the onion over medium high heat until tender.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, carrots, and celery. Cook until tender.
- Add the root vegetables and cover. Cook until slightly tender.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a slow boil. Stir in the flour to thicken.
- Make a pie with the crusts and cook at 375 until the crust is golden brown.