Recipe by Patchwork Dragon
Found this in a free magazine at the supermarket.... You can replace some of the water with red wine for extra oomph. (edit to add...I did this, and it was very nice, but I felt the wine overpowered the flavour a bit. Maybe I put too much in!!)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 swede, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into 8 segments
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled and broken into cloves
- 15 g fresh sage
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 (395 g) cans cherry tomatoes
- 500 ml cold water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Put the vegetables, garlic and half the sage in a large deep roasting tin. Season and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Roast, turning occasionally for 30 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and add the cherry tomatoes and the cold water.
- Cover the dish with a baking tray or tin foil.
- Lower the oven to 190c/gas 5 and cook for a further 1-1.5 hours stirring occasionally until vegetables are very tender.
- Check the seasoning and stir in the balsamic vinegar and scatter over the rest of the sage.
- Serve with Baked Saffron Rice. Recipe #216629.