2 hrs 30 mins
Patchwork Dragon's Note:
Found this in a free magazine at the supermarket.... You can replace some of the water with red wine for extra oomph. (edit to add...I did this, and it was very nice, but I felt the wine overpowered the flavour a bit. Maybe I put too much in!!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 swede, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into 8 segments
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled and broken into cloves
- 15 g fresh sage
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 (395 g) cans cherry tomatoes
- 500 ml cold water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1Heat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- 2Put the vegetables, garlic and half the sage in a large deep roasting tin. Season and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- 3Roast, turning occasionally for 30 minutes, until nicely browned.
- 4Remove from oven and add the cherry tomatoes and the cold water.
- 5Cover the dish with a baking tray or tin foil.
- 6Lower the oven to 190c/gas 5 and cook for a further 1-1.5 hours stirring occasionally until vegetables are very tender.
- 7Check the seasoning and stir in the balsamic vinegar and scatter over the rest of the sage.
- 8Serve with Baked Saffron Rice. Baked Saffron Rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Ratatouille
Serving Size: 1 (597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: