Recipe by Derf
Wonderful Caramel apple pudding, to warm winter hearts. Great alone or topped with whipped cream or a dab of yogurt.
Top Review by ktdid
Oh my goodness, this is good! Pulled it off the new recipes posting this afternoon and decided to try it for dessert tonight. My husband is practically licking the pan, he likes it so much. I baked it in a 10 inch quiche pan and used a whole apple for the slices on top. Next time, I think I'll peel the apple for the top. The peel makes it attractive, but is a bit harder to cut and eat. The chopped apple in the cake is fine with the peel left on. Thank you, Derf!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 2 apples, cored and unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, baking poowder, cinnamon, salt and currants.
- Thinly slice one half of one of the apples; set aside.
- Chop remaining apples and add to flour mixture along with milk and melted butter; mix well.
- Spread in buttered nine inch square metal cake pan.
- Arrange slices on top.
- Sauce: In a bowl, whisk together water, brown sugar, flour, butter and vanilla; gently pour over batter.
- Bake in 350f degree oven for 30/40 minutes or until tester inserted in cakes comes out clean.
- Serve warm.