Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw a recipe similar to this in an Uncle Ben's ad some years ago. I never kept the ad, just started making this recipe. Although the seasoning is different, don't let it scare you. Everyone that I have ever made these for loves them, including my husband who doesn't like rice. Try them once. I make it without the craisins but they were in the original recipe.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add pork chops.
- Season pork chops with salt and cinnamon (just like salt& pepper) on each side.
- Lightly brown the chops then remove to a platter.
- Add onions to skillet and cook until tender.
- Add apple juice, rice mix and seasoning packet from mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add pork chops and the juices from the platter back to the skillet.
- If using the craisins, add here.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with cheddar cheese, cover and cook for 5 minutes more or until most of the juice is absorbed.
I used Rice-A-Roni "rice pilaf" and did not use the craisins. It tasted very good and my husband enjoyed it. I would advise you cook 25-30 minutes and 5-10 minutes once you have the cheese on top. I would make this again.
I found this recipe many years ago from Good Housekeeping Magazine. I have made this many times, and am a big fan of it. It is quick and delish. Mapasmurf, it makes a big difference in the rice you use, and you didn't add the cranberries. Uncle Bens with the wild rice and you may have given it 5 stars. The ONLY thing I have changed up over the years is I found I prefer a colby cheese or a creamy cheese like colby mixed with cheddar. I also would double the rice because I have teenage boys to feed, and they gobble the stuff up. Glad to see it here.
This recipe was FANTASTIC!!!! I got a huge package of pork chops on sale this afternoon so I was looking for a couple of different ways to cook them this week! The cinnamon seasoning intrigued me so I gave it a try! That is the most amazing flavor!! I can't wait to try it on chicken. I did change a few things since I didn't have everything that it called for. I substituted 2 cups of regular wild rice for the uncle bens, 2 cups chicken stock for the apple juice (didn't have apple juice) and ran out of onion so I just put 4 cloves garlic. It was definately a keeper!! Thanks for sharing! We all loved it!