Recipe by Mysterygirl
I saw a recipe similar to this in an Uncle Ben's ad some years ago. I never kept the ad, just started making this recipe. Although the seasoning is different, don't let it scare you. Everyone that I have ever made these for loves them, including my husband who doesn't like rice. Try them once. I make it without the craisins but they were in the original recipe.
Top Review by mapasmurf
I used Rice-A-Roni "rice pilaf" and did not use the craisins. It tasted very good and my husband enjoyed it. I would advise you cook 25-30 minutes and 5-10 minutes once you have the cheese on top. I would make this again.
- 4 pork chops
- 29.58 ml oil
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 28.39 ml craisins, optional
- 1 package Uncle Bens wild rice
- 473.18 ml apple juice
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add pork chops.
- Season pork chops with salt and cinnamon (just like salt& pepper) on each side.
- Lightly brown the chops then remove to a platter.
- Add onions to skillet and cook until tender.
- Add apple juice, rice mix and seasoning packet from mix.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add pork chops and the juices from the platter back to the skillet.
- If using the craisins, add here.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with cheddar cheese, cover and cook for 5 minutes more or until most of the juice is absorbed.