Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Winter because it requires nearly no fresh ingredients so you can make it when you are snowed in or it is too gross to go out hunting for ingredients. Serve it cold with a splash of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar.
- 1 lb whole wheat penne, cooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pitted black olives, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic. Saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, artichokes. Saute an additional 2 minutes until heated through.
- Toss with cooked pasta and top with parmesan.