Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
The simplicity is boosted by pecan croutons.
- 8 cups fresh Baby Spinach or 8 cups assorted torn greens
- 2 oranges or 3 tangerines, peeled seeded and sectioned
- 1⁄2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- Italian salad dressing or vinaigrette
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pecan halves
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Place spinach on a large serving platter or divide among individual salad plates. Cut oranges sections into bite-size pieces. Arrange onion, cranberries and Pecan Croutons over spinach or mixed greens. Drizzle dressing over spinach mixture.
- Pecan Croutons: Lightly coat a 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray; add sugar. Heat over medium-high heat until sugar begins to melt, shaking skillet occasionally to heat sugar evenly. Reduce heat to low and cook until sugar is nearly all melted. Add pecan halves and cook over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes more or until browned and glazed, stirring constantly. Watch carefully to avoid overbrowning nuts. Spread on a piece of foil coated with cooking spray or wax paper, separating nuts. Sprinkle just a pinch of sea salt over pecans. Cool to room temperature.
Yum! This was easy to make and the pecans are wonderful! I had to leave out the cranberries this time - I left them at home and the tiny country store where I'm at doesn't carry them. I'll use them next time. Thanks GailAnn for another great keeper. Made for ZWT7 for Emerald City Shakers.