Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A refreshing winter-time salad using canned tomatoes. It is also delicious using fresh sliced vine-ripened tomatoes. I make Superb French Salad Dressing #177703 for the dressing.
- 1⁄2 cup red onion ring
- 1⁄2 cup white onion rings
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained, coarsely chopped, or
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bottled French dressing
- Combine vegetables with enough dressing to moisten.
- Toss lightly.
A great way to eat tomatoes in the winter! Loved the use of 2 different onions. The only mistake I made was to use Petite Diced Tomatoes, so I had a little too much pulp, which didn't affect the taste, but gave it a much denser look than it should have. I used French Dressing for the Lazy as the dressing, so gave a little more crunch to the salad. Thnx for posting, foodtvfan. Made for Fall 2008 My-3-Chefs.