Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
When it's cold and you're craving something yummy, nutritious, and comforting, try this recipe. It's satisfying and is easily changeable to fit your taste and amount of servings. I thought of this one cold night when I was home alone. It sure did satisfy my carb craving.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked whole wheat penne
- 1 1⁄4 cups tomato sauce
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) can artichoke quarters in water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 head broccoli, florets chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cauliflower floret
- 7 chopped baby carrots
- 1⁄2 cup drained tuna in water
- Cook pasta.
- Meanwhile steam the broccoli, cauliflower, carrot onion, mushrooms in streamer for 7 minutes.
- Drain pasta in pot. Place artichoke and tuna.
- When veggies are steamed, place in pot with pasta and stir in tomato sauce.
- Serve warm with shaved Parmesan cheese and warm garlic bread.