Recipe by Christine H.
Winter fruit salad
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Very nice tasting fruit salad, & I thought the dressing most unusual! And, in spite of the times posted for cooking/preparing, this really did go together quickly! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my RAISIN theme in the current My-3-Chefs cooking event]
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 2 small apples, chopped
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, halved
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain oranges, reserving 4-1/2 teaspoons juice. Save remaining juice for another use. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and reserved juice.
- In a large bowl combine the oranges, grapes, apples, bananas, coconut, walnuts, cherries and raisins. Divide among serving dishes. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture. Serve immediately.