Recipe by weekend cooker
here is a delicious soup I prepare in the morning, and let it cook during the day. I come home add spinach, and cook for 10 minutes, and I have a wonderful soup.
Top Review by Maito
Good soup! We used a very flavorful turkey kielbasa (in half the quantity), but the flavor diminished after cooking in the crock pot for so long. Next time I would add it maybe an hour before dinner. I also added lemon pepper to the soup and squeezed lemon over it at the table. This soup is very nice for fall.
- 1 lb uncooked Italian sausage
- 2 1⁄4 cups butternut squash or 2 1⁄4 cups acorn squash
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons prepared minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups fresh spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sausage, potatoes and fennel into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a skillet, cook sausage until brown and drain.
- In a large slow cooker, combine squash, potatoes, fennel, onion, beans, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Top with sausage and pour chicken broth and wine over all in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Stir in spinach, cover and cook 10 minutes more.