This soup helps eliminate excess fluid from the body. It is also supposed to help whiten the skin and get rid of acne. Barley helps to soothe the stomach and it is good if you have an easily irritable stomach. Omit the ginger if you really do not like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the barley and soak for about 1 hour.
- 2Wash goji and soak for 20 minutes.
- 3Parboil the pork ribs with the ginger, trim off any excess fats.
- 4Cut and clean the melon.
- 5Bring the 1000ml water to the boil, add the pork ribs, melon pieces, barley and the goji.
- 6Bring the water and ingredients back to the boil, then lower to a simmer.
- 7Simmer for 1 hour.
- 8Turn off heat and cover pot and let soup stand for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Melon Soup With Barley and Goji Berries
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.8
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 59.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: