Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup helps eliminate excess fluid from the body. It is also supposed to help whiten the skin and get rid of acne. Barley helps to soothe the stomach and it is good if you have an easily irritable stomach. Omit the ginger if you really do not like it.
- Wash the barley and soak for about 1 hour.
- Wash goji and soak for 20 minutes.
- Parboil the pork ribs with the ginger, trim off any excess fats.
- Cut and clean the melon.
- Bring the 1000ml water to the boil, add the pork ribs, melon pieces, barley and the goji.
- Bring the water and ingredients back to the boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Turn off heat and cover pot and let soup stand for 10 minutes.