- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup garlic-flavored vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried savory
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, drain and tear lettuce into bite-size pieces.
- Drain beans and heat. Fry bacon until crisp.
- Pour off excess fat except for 2 tablespoons.
- Combine egg, onion, sugar, salt, vinegar and savory and add to bacon.
- Heat to boiling point. Pour over lettuce and toss.
- Add hot beans and serve immediately.