Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
I called this Winter Grilled because it is made inside on an electric grill. I use the George Foreman brand grill. This steak is hearty and savory. Add a small salad and buttery baked potato and you have a wonderful meal.
- 20 ounces rib eye steaks, 3/4 to 1 inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Purchase 2 fresh ribeye steaks approximately 10 ounces each, remove from package and pat dry. If you use frozen, thaw them completely and pat dry before the next step.
- Dredge dry steaks in the Cavender's seasoning, working it into the meat with your fingers. You can use more or less Cavender's as you prefer. This seasoning contains a lot of salt so you don't want to over do it.
- Next dredge them in the olive oil until well oiled on both sides and edges. Using more or less oil as preferred.
- Let them rest on the counter about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the electric grill until it reaches 425 degrees.
- Lay the steaks on the 425 degree grill, close the lid, set the timer for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes at 425 degrees they should be medium to medium well done depending on thickness. Cook longer (2 or 3 minutes) if you like them well done or if they are very thick.
Just made these for dinner- we really enjoyed them! Made them on a foreman grill- turned out perfect. Thanks! :-)
Yummo!!! So simple yet tasty!! I had always seen recipes with the Cavender's Greek Seasoning but had never purchased the spice mix. Well I did so this time to see what this was all about!!! I made this with one ribeye, so cut the recipe in half and I don't have an indoor grill, so I made this on the gas grill. I was tempted to add sea salt and pepper, but decided to restrain and listen to you about the salt in the spice mix. I also probably only used a tsp or 1 1/2 tsps of the olive oil. This ended up being very tasty and now I can't wait to use this seasoning with other recipes!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe and made for PAC Fall 09!!