Recipe by JeriBinNC
One of my favorites! Quick to make and it's healthy comfort food. Serves 2 as a main dish, probably 4 as a side dish. From The Savory Way by Deborah Madison
Top Review by PeacemongerNC
This is one of my families favorite recipes! When tomatoes are in season I use two medium sized fresh tomatoes, diced. I usually use a 1/2 teaspoon of dried crushed red pepper instead of the dried red peppers. This is very filling but it is so good I always double the recipe! This is good food!
- 1 lb greens (I like kale, but you can use any green or a mixture)
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 small dried red chili, seeds removed, torn into pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 5-7 minutes until tender. Remove with a strainer, reserving cooking liquid.
- Wash the greens well and then chop, removing tough stems. Cook the greens until done in the potato water.
- Sautee the chilies and potatoes in water in a large skillet for 1 minute. Add the greens, tomatoes, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up the potatoes and mixing everything together. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.