Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I eat greens year-round. A great casserole from Cooking Light. Per serving: 170 calories, 5.1 g fat, 7 g protein, 25.2 g carb, 4 g fiber, 14 mg cholesterol.
- 8 cups water
- 12 cups chopped kale, stems removed (about 1/2 lb.)
- 12 cups chopped mustard greens, stems removed (about 1/2 lb.)
- 6 cups sliced red potatoes, divided (1/8 inch thick)
- 2 cups vertically sliced onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup shredded sharp provolone cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup canned vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Add water to a dutch oven and bring to a boil; add kale and mustard greens; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally; drain and set aside.
- Arrange 2 cups potato slices in a single layer in a 13x9-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; top with 1 cup onion; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; top with half kale mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Repeat layers once, ending with kale mixture.
- Top kale mixture with remaining 2 cups potatoes and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pour chicken broth evenly over potato mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned and potatoes are tender.