Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Tiny little cherry and dried fruit pies that work very well on cookie trays.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup pecans
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (homemade or ready-made refrigerated)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine cherry pie filling, cranberries, raisins and nuts in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Roll pie crust on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut 48 1 and 1/2 inch circles from pie crust with a biscuit cutter or glass.
- Place tiny rounds of crust into mini-muffin pans.
- Fill each crust with 1 teaspoon of filling mixture.
- Cut 48 small stars (or other shape) from remaining pie crust (re-roll dough as necessary).
- Place one small star on each tiny tart.
- Sprinkle each tart with sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Store loosely covered.
These are lovely! Not too sweet Somehow I only ended up with 36 tarts. I used a flower shaped cookie cutter for pretty edges. I think I will add these to my Xmas cookie tray... They are that pretty. DH liked them too. :)
A great little treat. I substituted sliced almonds for the nuts and dried mixed berries for the dried cranberries based on what was available in my pantry. My baking time was a bit longer (20-23 minutes) for some reason. These were big hit with my husband, and me too!