Recipe by Manami
This will make your winter days bright and cozy! Sangria isn't just for summer. This recipe gets harvest flavors from apricots, cranberries, figs, and raisins -- and makes a delightful accompaniment to tapas. Club soda adds a touch of fizz. BH&G
- 6 calmyrna dried figs, sliced (light, dried)
- 6 dried apricots, cut into slivers (dried)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 750 ml rioja wine or 750 ml merlot
- 10 ounces club soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan stir together the dried fruits, brandy, and honey.
- Cook over medium-low heat until simmering.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add wine; stir.
- Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- To serve, strain sangria into a pitcher.
- Add ice cubes and club soda; stir gently.
- Serve and enjoy!