Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This will make your winter days bright and cozy! Sangria isn't just for summer. This recipe gets harvest flavors from apricots, cranberries, figs, and raisins -- and makes a delightful accompaniment to tapas. Club soda adds a touch of fizz. BH&G
- 6 calmyrna dried figs, sliced (light, dried)
- 6 dried apricots, cut into slivers (dried)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 750 ml rioja wine or 750 ml merlot
- 10 ounces club soda
- In a saucepan stir together the dried fruits, brandy, and honey.
- Cook over medium-low heat until simmering.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add wine; stir.
- Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- To serve, strain sangria into a pitcher.
- Add ice cubes and club soda; stir gently.
- Serve and enjoy!