Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from my Weight Watchers Magazine, November/December 2008. This issue has several "make ahead recipes" for easy Holiday planning. To make ahead: Cover and refrigerate the salad up to 2 hours in advance, but don't sprinkle it with the almonds until just before serving." 2 points for 1 1/4 cup.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 braeburn apples, sliced
- 3 cups pineapple, fresh, cubed
- 2 bosc pears, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- Combine the brown sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and allspice in a large bowl.
- Add the apples, pineapple, pears and currants.
- Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the almonds.
Yummy! This is absolutely delicious. I took it to a ladies brunch and it got rave reviews. Thanks.