Recipe by Ivysrecipes
I had this at a friends house & had to have the recipe. Everyone I have made it for begs for the recipe. Everyone just loves this!
Top Review by Sassy Sandra
This is so very yumpy! I took this to a small birthday party this weekend, and it was a huge hit! The dressing is awsome, to say the very least! I used a combintion of romaine and spinach. I will be making this again, that is for sure! Thanks for the great recipe Ivy!!!
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons diced onions
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn into bite
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 pear, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, combine sugar, lemon juice, onion, mustard and salt.
- Process until well blended.
- With machine still running add oil in a slow steady stream until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Add poppy seeds and process just a few seconds more to mix.
- In a large serving bowl combine the romaine lettuce, shredded swiss cheese, cashews, dried cranberries, cubed apple and cubed pear.
- Toss to mix then pour dressing over salad just before serving and toss to coat.